On 13th June 2017 in the conference room of the Faculty of Biology, University of Szczecin, there was the 4th meeting of the Steering Group of the LIFE13 NAT/PL/000009 project „Active protection of water-crowfoots habitats and restoration of wildlife corridor in the River Drawa basin in Poland/Czynna ochrona siedlisk włosieniczników i udrożnienie korytarza ekologicznego zlewni rzeki Drawy w Polsce”.
The main purpose of the meeting was to discuss the schedule and the state of preparation of particular tasks for the construction works commencement, on the basis of the design documentation that had already received a building permit.
Participants were welcomed by Ms Beata Gąsiorowska, the LIFEDrawaPL project coordinator, who presented the meeting’s agenda and gave the floor to Mr Julian Piertołaj, the representative of the Contract Engineer (Engineering House “PROMIS” S.A.).
The members of the Steering Group discussed in detail the adopted technical solutions, possible threats during the implementation phase. The contract engineer presented some decisions and arrangements – and the responsibilities of the investment process participants during the tasks’ realisation and after. Possible and necessary descriptions in SIWZ for construction works were indicated. Subsequently, the estimated value of the contract, which showed changes to the project’s budget, was considered. Proposals for transfer of funds were suggested and proposals to reduce costs were made.
What occurred to be extremely important were environmental constraints on the conduct of works and the need to work at specific dates taking into consideration the conservation periods of birds and breeding of fish.
Next, Mr Artur Furdyna together with Mr Józef Jeleński discussed in detail the activities related to development of concepts and deadlines for implementation of the activities entitled: “Shaping the cross profile of a stream’s channel” and “Construction of spawning grounds in the Korytnica, Radew and Grabowa rivers”.
22 participants took part in the meeting.
The IV meeting of the Steering Group was participated by the members of the Steering Group:
- Mr Paweł Bilski, Director of the Drawieński National Park
- Mr Robert Czerniawski, University of Szczecin, Faculty of Biology
- Mr Józef Jeleński, SPCP KIK/37 project Coordinator, Spawning Grounds of Upper Raba
- Mr Piotr Dębowski, Inland Fishing Institute in Olsztyn, Department of Migratory Fish in Rutki
- Mr Artur Przybylski, Provincial Chief of the State Fishing Guard in Szczecin
- Mr Maciej Humiczewski, Deputy Director for Investment, West Pomeranian Board of Land Reclamation and Water Facilities in Szczecin
- Ms Sylwia Borowiak-Najda, West Pomeranian Marshal’s Office, Department of Environmental Protection
- Mr Krzysztof Zacharzewski, President of the Association of Local Action Group “Partnership of Drawa”
- Mrs Monika Gańcza – representing the Polish Angling Association in Koszalin
- Paweł Balcerzak – representing the Polish Angling Association in Koszalin
On behalf of RDEP in Szczecin the meeting was attended by:
- Mr Radosław Grzegorczyk, Regional Director for Environmental Protection in Szczecin
- Ms Beata Gąsiorowska, the LIFEDrawaPL project Coordinator
- Ms Małgorzata Ćwiklińska, Deputy of the LIFEDrawaPL project Coordinator
- Mr Artur Furdyna, field expert of the LIFEDrawaPL project
- Prof. Tomasz Heese, scientific expert, ichthyologist, hydrobiologist, the LIFEDrawaPL project consultant
- Mr Piotr Waloch – Senior Inspector at RDEP in Szczecin.
In addition, the representatives of the Contract Engineer and the designer (DHV Hydroprojekt Sp. z o.o.):
- Mr Julian Pietrola, PROMIS
- Ms Alicja Rusiecka, PROMIS
- Ms Elżbieta Jarominek, DHV Hydroprojekt
- Ms Dorota Cybulska, DHV Hydroprojekt
- Mr Paweł Gerba, DHV Hydroprojekt
Mr Piotr Baliński (the Association of Engineers and Technicians of Water and Land Improvement in Szczecin) was asked for substantive consultations on the works in rivers channels.